Wednesday 14 June 2017

Instagram profiles are the new homepage

Late last summer, I cut my 3,000 Instagram posts down to 30. It took innumerable hours spread out over weeks to delete them all, using a hyper-specific (and fairly buggy) app fittingly called Delete for Instagram. It let me select batches of 50 posts, saving the images and videos to my iPhone’s camera roll before purging them from the app for good. Gone from my grid were photos of mason jar cocktails from Brooklyn bars in 2012 and awful #ootd mirror shots from 2013. Bad hair decisions, ex-lovers, blurry concert shots — all evacuated.

What remained were pictures that represented me at the time; things I still felt communicated what I would want someone to know about me should they land on my profile. I love to imagine, for instance, the...

Continue reading…



from
https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/14/15796124/instagram-curation-archive-profiles-homepage

from
http://ifeeltechinc.blogspot.com/2017/06/instagram-profiles-are-new-homepage.html

No comments:

Post a Comment