Wednesday 31 May 2017

If you're willing to spend $389 on a camera like this, we need to have a talk

As The Verge's resident headphone obsessive, I often find myself having to justify to people why they should spend more than, say, $50 for superior sound quality. I relish the challenge, and I do my best to be an ambassador for better audio equipment that may be a bit pricier. But then I look at cameras like this here Nikon Coolpix W300, which has the temerity to cost $389.95 (or €469 in Europe / £389 in Brexit-addled Britain), and my heart sinks a little. Why are people prepared to throw down the best part of $400 on a simpleton point-and-shoot?

My grievance is with the lack of symmetry. We're habituated to cameras costing a few hundred dollars, so when a reputable name like Nikon is plastered onto a new (admittedly waterproof and...

Continue reading…



from
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/5/31/15717542/nikon-coolpix-w300-camera-price-comparison

from
http://ifeeltechinc.blogspot.com/2017/05/if-youre-willing-to-spend-389-on-camera.html

No comments:

Post a Comment